Cape Town, the mother city! Filled with love, joy, and awesome humans. A diversity of rich cultures and panoramic views that will melt your heart. As you exit the Airport and make your way to the City, the stunner of Table Mountain will be the first to greet you and so your Cape Town vacation begins!
We all love to explore and adventure, I honestly have not met anyone who doesn’t like a good adventure, and Cape Town is a wonderful playground. The following are the best Cape Town Bus Tours and activities so you will surely make your vacation memorable.
Table Mountain, a flat mountain overlooking the sea and named as part of the 7 Wonders of Nature in 2012. So many creative adventures can be done in, around and on top of Table Mountain.
Here are a few of my favourite Table Mountain activities:
- Table Mountain hiking trails – there are so many hiking trails on table mountain, from kloof corner, India Venster, Platterklip, Constantia Nek, Kasteel poort just to name a few. Exploring any of them will be like food to the soul getting you in touch with nature at its best!
- Mountain bike tours – if you are fit and love to get the heart pumping this is a great way to do so and enjoy the views all in one morning!
- Scootours – great for the whole family, a thrilling ride on electric operating mountain scooter.
- Abseiling – Table mountain abseiling is an awesome and exhilarating way to see the city views and get the adrenalin pumping at the same time.
- Cable car up Table Mountain for a lovely sunset or go up and explore all the flora and fauna which grows on the mountain as well entire views of, the Atlantic Ocean, Camps Bay, the Cape Town City, Robben Island and Lions head.
- Tandem Paraglide off Signal hill or Lions head is also a great alternative to just watching the sunset from signal hill.
Cape Town Guided Tours
If you are looking to see as much of Cape Town in a short period, check out a few of the best Cape Town tours below:
- Cape Point & Cape Peninsula tour which is usually a full day tour that will cover the most spectacular parts of the Cape. Visiting a few well-known beaches such as boulders beach in Simons Town, where you will see the penguin colony, Hout Bay beach, and harbour, Cape Point is known as the Cape of Good Hope. This tour definitely cover all the top spots in 1 day!
- Robbin Island and Township tour – this tour covers a few of the apartheid history in the Cape, visit a Township, apartheid museum and Robben Island, for those into history, this tour is for you!
- Cape Town City guided tour – Approximately 4 hours and covers the best of cape town. A guided tour taking you through the city centre to Bo-Kaap, Castle of Good Hope, City Hall, cable car up table mountain, drive through Camps Bay and Clifton
These tours cover all the main Cape Town tourist destinations and will surely bring you the best, breathtaking moments you will ever experience.
Are you on a budget and looking for more flexibility, Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus tour may be something that will interest you since this will allow you to get off at any the specific stops you would like to explore and meet the next bus on the route to get you to your next stops of interests and therefore giving you more for your bucks! The Bus passes can be purchased to be used over a number of days or just 1 day so there is always flexibility!
Top water activities in Cape Town
My top water activity is Kayaking on the Atlantic ocean and there is so many amazing things to see while you out in the deep blue! Happy dolphins is always a highlight for one and those large sunfish and not forgetting if in luck and the season in right a humpback whale!
Apart from that, getting a fiery sunset and looking at table mountain and Robbin Island from a different view is always beauty that never ceases to impress.
Not much of an active person? The Marine Wildlife boat Tour in the bay would be perfect for you since and you will benefit with all the above marine life and wonderful views, and what better way to end off your day together with a few sundowners!
Another popular activity is Shark Cage Diving – if you into this kind of activity and your an adrenalin junking, try getting up close to a great white! This tour takes place in Gansbaai which is 160km out of Cape Town a place called Dyer Island, a 5-hour tour that will give you so much more perspective on the life of a Great White. You will also be taken to the seal island close by which is the main source of food to the Great White.
PS: Don’t forget to take a few nausea meds with!
Tours just out of Cape Town
If you visit Cape Town, Western Cape from August to November, you in luck since it will be the Hermanus Whale watching season. There are a few awesome day tours that can be done in Hermanus. If you are staying in Hermanus already, don’t forget to book a Whale watching boat trip.
There is also a lovely tour that combines a Whale watching and Wine tasting.
So a few other tours just out of Cape Town would be Cape Winelands Tour if you into wine tasting. I don’t drink so I cannot say much about this tour except that the views are amazing!
Love your Cape Town moments!
So with all that I have shared above on Cape Town bus tours and activities – which is only the surface of what you can do in Cape Town, there are plenty more that can still be explored if you are staying in Cape Town for a longer period.
Please, by all means, drop me a comment or email if you wish to explore any other part of the Cape I did not mention and is shall gladly assist you.
Now go out and enjoy the playground I call Home!